Travel Health

a large passenger jet flying through a cloudy blue sky

Do you need vaccinations?

If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to complete a travel risk assessment (see below).  The practice nurse will determine your appointment needs with this information and we will then contact you to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.

It is important that you contact us regarding your travel vaccinations as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you are due to travel - to allow sufficiant time to assess and carry out your travel vaccination requirements.  These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. 

Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.

Select the region you are travelling to find out more.


Central Asia

East Asia

Australasia & Pacific


Central America

Europe & Russia

Middle East

North America

South America & Antarctica

a person sitting on top of a mountain

Travel Assessment Form

If you are travelling abroad and need travel or vaccine advice, please complete and submit our Travel Risk Assessment Form in plenty of time before your journey. Please submit it to  or drop it into Reception at the surgery.  Please note we need 6 weeks notice, prior to travel.  Please also note, we can only undertake NHS travel vaccines, we cannot provide private travel vaccinations.

a sign on a pole next to a palm tree

Further Travel Information

The following websites will give you additional travel advice

NaTHNaC - National Travel Health Network and Centre England 

Fit For Travel

Easy to access resources in one place from Jane Chiodini

NHS Choices– see travel health in the ‘A-Z’ section and also travel health in the ‘Live Well’ section.    

Foreign & Commonwealth Office, especially useful for safety and security and specific pages for types of travellers, e.g. gap year, responsible tourism.  Also look at ‘Our Publications’. There are restrictions on the import of certain prescription drugs in some countries. 

 Travel Health for information of vaccinations available on NHS

MASTA for private vaccination clinics for specific country travel advice

EHIC to apply for your free European Health Insurance Card